Best Balance Yoga Poses to Improve Your Balance
Yoga Poses to Improve Your Balance
Yoga or really a good exercise to motivate themselves, people, to have a good life. It makes the body flexible and also helps to lengthen the muscles. It makes the body mentally, and physically balanced. Balance Yoga has plenty of benefits. In yoga, there are many yoga poses which are very beneficial in balancing the physical and mental situations.
Each balance pose is useful in building strength in different body parts, joints, and muscles. As the people deeply practice yoga poses will help them to reach the next level. The main benefit of practicing the balancing pose is that it balances the body and mind itself. It is very helpful in relieving stress. It also reduces tension.
If the people want to improve their concentration, memory and focus should practice the yoga poses. It has an ability to control the emotions in stressful and critical movements. It helps the people stay positive in life. In this hurry up world, there are more chances to lose focus and be out of balance. But the constant practice of yoga, a person can keep their mind clear and helps the people to easily handle all the obstacles which life brings.
It helps to maintain emotions. Balance is not something that people think much about in daily life. But as the people age, it becomes incredibly important to have a good balance to prevent falls and injuries. Yoga poses which is helpful in maintaining the balance is Mountain Pose ( tadasana), Tree pose (vriksasana) , Extended hand to big toe pose(utthita hasta padangusthasana), Dancer pose( natarajasana), Warrior III ( virabhadrasana III) , Half moon pose (ardha chandrasana).
List of Balance Poses
- Mountain pose (tadasana) – This pose may not seem like much more than a standing pose but it is a great pose to find the balance of a body. Mountain pose is one of the most important postures in yoga. When a person will feel where the weight is balanced on feet and also the elongation of the spine. Then a person will be able to improve their postures which will help them to improve their balance. A person can even get more balancing benefits from this pose by doing it with the eyes closed. This pose also helps to take the pressure off the knees, hips and lower back. It is one of the simple poses that a person can do easily in their daily routines. Mountain pose helps in feet stretching.
- Tree pose – This pose is also known as vriksasana. The key to getting the most out of this is really paying attention to every part of the body. The people should start the pose at the ground and feel where the weight is concentrated on the standing foot. After that lift up the standing leg and should feel the muscles which should be engaged with a micro bend in the knee. Then notice where the hips and pelvis are. After that are the hips and pelvis are tucked and level under slightly or is one side sticking out. The people have to make sure that the spines should be straight and the shoulders and heads should continue along that straight line. This pose can be made more interesting and challenging by changing the positions of the arms by closing the eyes.
- Warrior III ( virabhadrasana III) – It is a type of challenging balancing pose which requires the engagement of not only the standing leg but the entire back body. It also includes the shoulder, back, buttocks, and legs on the top of that, the only way to successfully hold the pose is by feeling the body lengthen from the fingertips to the sole of the foot and by knowing exactly where the hips are and making sure that the hips are on a square plane. When this pose will be done regularly it will help a person to balance better when the people are standing upright.
- Half-moon pose ( ardha chandrasana) – This pose is very interesting and challenging. The most interesting thing about this half-moon pose is that it’s more similar to standing, but a person may feel like they are floating on their side. This means that when a person is in half moon pose, the body should be in a straight line, beginning with the foot flexed as if it’s pressing against the wall or the floor. The shoulders and hips should be stacked by facing towards the wall. The entire body should be elongated all the way to the top of the head. If a person does it while balancing on one foot, this will improve the balance while standing and walking.
- Eagle pose ( Garurasan ) – To do this balancing yoga pose, first, a person needs to bring their weight into the right leg as they lift the left foot off the floor. Then they have to keep the right knee bent. After that, wrap the left thigh over the right. Bring the left foot to hook around behind the right calf. When a person feels stable, then they should incorporate their arms into the pose by wrapping the right arm over the left. Then a person needs to bring the palms to touch. A person needs to be in a pose for up to five breaths. This will help to improve the balance of the body. It helps to improve the flexibility and concentration level.
- Forward bend poses – This pose is also known as uttanasana. A person needs to come down to the left foot to the floor and then next to the right. The legs should be over folded. After that take rest. When a person is ready, then they should repeat the sequence of standing on the left leg this time. This helps in balancing the body.
- Headstand (Sirsasana) – The beginners who are practicing this pose should brace the crown of the head against padded support placed on the floor between the hands. This yoga pose helps in maintaining the stability of the position. It is a great confidence booster. To do this headstand, beginners should take the support of walls to remain stable in this position. This pose helps in the overall balance of the body. It also helps in proper blood circulation in the body.
- Extended hand to big toe pose (utthita hasta Padangusthasana) – This is one of the most important and difficult poses in yoga. It’s not so easy, but this yoga pose helps a person to notice where the weight is and it helps to make sure that the hips are in line. This also helps a body to be in a straight position. If the hip is jutted out or the butt is too far back, then there is a possibility that the people can lose their balance. A person can get its benefits by keeping the leg bent and holding on to the knees irrespective of that if a person is not able to reach the toes. But a person does it in a correct manner and balances the body then the people will get more benefits from this pose.
- Dancer pose – This pose is also known as natarajasana. This pose looks very effortless but this pose requires a lot of balance and also strength. A person should need a lot of strength to practice this pose. To do this pose balance is an essential element. To practice this dancer pose successfully one should require the hips squared and facing forward and also one should make sure that one is not higher than the other. This pose works on the muscles of the legs, back, and core. The strength and proper hip alignment are both useful in improving balance in the long term.
Yoga plays a vital role in hand life as it balances the body. A strong sense of balance promotes stillness in yoga poses and also in mind. When the balance is improved the people may notice the strengthening of the muscles. It will also help in the improvement of flexibility. The balanced body helps in overall muscular control, as well as it acts as greater body awareness. Balancing poses helps in the improvement of the concentration power of the practitioners in other fields. It helps in nervous balance. So, it removes the anxiety, stress worries from the mind of the person. If a person feels tensed then they should perform any of the asanas that will help in balancing the mind and body. Balancing postures can be challenging but it also allows a person to have fun and enjoy the yoga poses. When a person does all the yoga poses correctly, it seems to be pretty awesome. Then the people will enjoy practicing the balancing yoga poses. So, everyone should do yoga poses daily to attain a better lifestyle. Yoga is really a great gift for a human being. The people of any age group should practice yoga regularly and make their life happy and positive. To remain healthy and fit vist Todayyoga and, one should conquer the benefits of yoga poses in life.