Teen Yoga – Yoga Poses for Teenagers
Teen Yoga – Yoga Poses for Teenagers
Teen Yoga:- Teenage years are the turbulent years for the children. In this teenage, the children suffer from hormonal changes. In this period the child’s mind goes through a lot of confusion. Yoga is really very beneficial for everyone. Teenagers can become calm, and stable by the regular practice of yoga. It is the only way to get positivity in life. According to the yoga sutras of Patanjali, it can help in fluctuations of the mind. It slows down the uncontrollable mental loops of regret, fear, anger, frustration and desire, etc that may cause stress. All of us know that stress is one of the major causes of physical diseases in teenagers. If the children will come to know how to relax and calm their mind and body, this will help them to have happier and longer lives.
Yoga mostly has numerous benefits. So, it is most recommended for teens. For school going kids, there are so many distractions like peer pressure, devices, and technology with which the children are constantly connected online. And it is a stressful time for the teens to grow up in. Yoga promotes a deep sleep to the teens and this helps in translating into a healthier body. It also helps in increasing the energy for the growing teens. This helps them to have a balanced life. It’s really not an easy time period for teenagers. There are many issues that occur in children like body image issues, low confidence, and constant pressure plague and this brings their morals down. Yoga is really a great and ideal training tool that will help them to overcome tougher and challenging problems. There are numerous Teen Yoga or yoga asanas which help in flexibility, strength, positivity, etc like Tadasana, Uttanasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Virabhadrasana, Trikonasana, Baddha konasana, Navasana, and Surya Namaskar asana.
Yoga for Teenagers
- Tadasana – This teen yoga is also known as the mountain pose. It is like a base pose from which many other yoga asanas have emerged. It is called the mother of the yoga poses. It can be practiced any time during the day but to get a better result one should practice it early in the morning. This basic hatha yoga pose works best when the people remain in this pose for 10 to 20 seconds. This pose should be repeated a minimum of 10 times. Mountain pose helps in improving body posture. It also helps in strengthening the knees and thighs. It makes 4th r alone agile and it also helps to increase the height in the growing years of the teens. It improves the digestive, nervous, and respiratory system. It reduces the flat feet and improves balances.
- Uttanasana – This pose is also known as standing forward bend poses. It is one of the powerful stretches poses in yoga. In this pose, the head is placed near the heart, which helps the inactivation and stimulation of the body. The people should practice this pose early in the morning with an empty stomach for better results. This pose should be held for at least 15 to 30 seconds. It helps to calm the mind and relax the body. It helps in relieving the anxiety. This is also helpful in stretching of the back, calves, and hips. It also helps to relieve the headache and insomnia. It improves digestion and activates the kidneys. It is also helpful in relieving the tensions in the neck.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana – This teen yoga is also known as the downward-facing dog pose. It looks similar to the postures of a dog when the people bend. This pose is really simple but has enormous benefits. A person who practices this yoga pose should hold this pose for at least 1to 3 minutes. This downward-facing dog pose works best in the morning when the stomach is empty. As it provides better results to the people. It energizes the body. It is also very helpful to relieve depression. It also cures back pain and fatigue. This adho mukha svanasana strengthens the bones and it acts as the therapeutic for the asthma patient. It helps in strengthening the chest muscles and increases the lung’s capacity.
- Virabhadrasana – This pose is also known as the warrior pose. This pose is like a graceful stance commemorating the exploits of a great warrior called Virabhadra. It is a mythological character which was created by Lord Shiva. If a person is an early riser, then this pose will act as an ideal by practicing the yoga pose in the morning. This pose should be held for about 20 seconds on each leg. This warrior pose will help in the strengthening of the lower back, arms, and legs. This pose is very helpful to increase stamina which will be helpful in the overall development of the body. It also restored the spine. This pose helps in smoothening of the tensed shoulders. It also helps to release the stress blocks. It also inculcates courage, calm, peace in a person.
- Trikonasana – This pose is also called the triangle pose. This triangle pose is named so, as it reassembled like a triangle. In this pose, the eyes should be open. When the people will practice this pose the balance of the body should be maintained. Morning time is the best time to practice this pose. A person should do this beginner level of vinyasa yoga pose for at least 30 seconds. It also helps in strengthening the chest and arms. It is helpful in the instability of the mind and body. This pose is helpful in the stimulation of all the abdominal organs. It also improves the digestion of a person. It helps in reductions in stress, back pain, and anxiety.
- Baddha konasana – This yoga pose is also known as the butterfly pose. It is one of the simple yoga asanas that represents a butterfly flapping its wings. This pose looks similar to that of a cobbler when the cobbler man sits down to work on shoes. It is really a simple pose but with numerous of a benefit. This pose should be practiced at least for 1to 5 minutes in the morning. This pose can be practiced in the evening time on an empty stomach. This is really one of the best yoga poses for teenage girls as it works magically for them. It enhances the functioning of the female reproductive organs system. This pose helps with the menstrual problem. It also reduces fatigue and improves blood circulation. This pose is also helpful in the body postures.
- Navasana – This teen yoga is also known as the boat pose. It is one of the most empowering poses. This is the pose that works like how a steady ship conducts itself in a rough sea. In this pose, a body forms a ‘V’ shape. This pose should be held for 10 to 60 seconds. It should be practiced with an empty stomach in the morning and evening time. This asana provides stability to the body. It generates focus and helps in relieving the stress. This pose improves the confidence level and helps to strengthen the back muscles and the abdominal muscles.
- Surya Namaskar – There are multiples yoga poses that have enormous benefits, but this pose is one of the most beneficial poses. It helps in better functioning of the body and mental faculties. This pose helps a person to keep the body diseases free. It also helps to strengthen the heart. Regular practice of Surya Namaskar promotes balance in the body and mind. For teenagers, it is one of the best yoga series to practice. As it provides a stress-free mind and helps to become positive towards life. There are specific benefits of Surya Namaskar for hair, skin, and weight loss. It also tones the digestive tract. It helps to become calm in life.
Yoga is really a holistic exercise that works magic on the body, mind, and breath. Teenage is a time where there is rapid growth spurt takes place. Yoga is the only thing that can make it better and easier by making a teen’s body flexible and strong. It is the only one who can help in developing good postures. Yoga will help the teens to empower the self detesting to love themselves. It helps them to build up the muscles and relax the body organs. It also enhances the focus of life. It finds a better balance. Yoga is helpful in improving concentration power. Thus this will help to ease the exam pressure. This ancient secret will help teenagers to live a healthier and productive life. Not only teenagers, but all people should also include yoga in their daily routine to make their life happier and healthier.