Yoga Poses for Kids – Yoga Poses that Kids Should Try
Yoga Poses for Kids
Yoga Poses for Kids: As we all know that health is one of the most crucial in someone’s success then also people don’t give so much attention to yoga. Nowadays kids do not prefer to play outdoor games and practice yoga. They mostly like to play games and watch videos on laptops, computers,s and mobile phones. Kids don’t do physical activities because of which many health issues occur and they are becoming lazy day by day. There is so much of a burden on children in today’s generation like school pressure, incessant lessons, video games, competitive exams, and sports. Yoga really works miraculously for kids in remaining peace and calm in this hurry-up world. It helps to remain physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally strong. Introducing yoga to children at an early age can help them to a healthy lifestyle. Yoga not only helps to remain calm and peace but it also helps in enhancing personality, coordination, and having great confidence and also helps in increasing concentration power and relaxation.
Practicing yoga poses for kids will help the kids to connect enormously with the true being and develop a good relationship with people that surround them. Not only this much yoga helps in the overall growth of the kid and helps to improve eye sights. Parents should introduce yoga to their children in an interesting manner so that they should enjoy practicing doing yoga. A child doesn’t need yoga skills to start practicing it. They just have to start, and yoga will become a way of their life. It may be helpful while dealing with several emotional, physical, and mental problems. Yoga can be used as an instrument to bring a balance in life. It has plenty of benefits like it improves body balance, strength, and also aerobic capacity. It helps to enhance the quality of sleep. It also helps small kids to improve mood swings and self-regulation skills, not only this much it also helps in works on the children’s classroom behavior, academic performance and also focus of the children.
Practicing yoga for six months including asanas, pranayama, and meditation helps in reducing body weight, memory and also improves endocrine functions. Let your children start yoga poses and let them know about the beauty of yoga by themself. There are many types of yoga-like body postures, meditation, and breathing exercises. So, teaching yoga to kids a person should focus on movements and how to make it interesting, funny for them so that they don’t get bored initially. Once they get interested and habituated with the yoga movements then a person can add breathing and meditation. Children should be explained about the benefits of yoga so that they should know why yoga is essential for life. While performing yoga children should wear comfortable clothes and they should be bare footed. Make them play yoga games which help them to learn yoga poses easily. When music therapy is combined with asanas and good relaxation would work wonders for the children. To make their children do yoga first they should be stress-free and enjoy practicing yoga with their children.
Yoga For Kids
There are many yoga poses that the children would love to practice and will have fun with the yoga poses like Boat pose( dhanurasana), Cobra pose (bhujangasana), Cat pose (Marjaryasana), Cow pose(bitilasana), Bow pose, Chair pose, Child’s pose, Crescent moon pose, Downward – facing dog pose, Eagle pose, and many more poses. There are many yoga poses that are kid’s friendly yoga poses that can be introduced to the kids.
- Boat pose – This pose can be introduced to children as boat, canoe, kayak, and ship to make it more interesting for the children so that they should be able to learn yoga poses fastly. For doing this yoga children should balance their buttocks with the legs up.
- Bow pose – It can be called fish, nest, basket, bow, whale poses by the children to make it more interesting. For doing this yoga children should lie on their tummy, bend their knees, lift up chest, reach their arms back towards their toes, and should hold onto their feet.
- Cat pose – Children can name this pose as cat, lion, cougar, sheep, and jaguar. For doing this pose first kids should come to all- four positions, then they should round their back and tuck their chin into their chest. Kids should pretend to be a kitty cat.
- Chair pose- This pose can be called as chair, kangaroo, thunderbolt, and farmer on a tractor. For practicing yoga first children should stand tall like a mountain pose with their feet- width apart, then they should bend their knees, and after that, they should hop like a kangaroo.
- Cobra pose – Parents should introduce this pose to their children like a snake, cobra, swan seal, etc to make it more interesting. To do this pose first lie on your tummy, then place your palms flat next to your shoulders off ground and hiss like a snake.
- Child’s pose – This pose can be called a mole, rabbit, seed, hippo, curling, leaf, cloud, and mouse pose to make it more interesting. For doing this yoga kids should sit on their heels, then slowly they should bring their forehead down to rest in front of their knees, rest arms down alongside their body and then take a few deep breaths.
- Cow pose – It can be introduced as a cow or wolf pose. Kids should come to all four positions, after that they should look up, arch their back, after that open the chest.
- Gyan mudra pose – This pose can be introduced as a bear cub, pig, spider, beetle, etc. Firstly kids should lie on their back with their chin tucked in, then they should hug their knees into their chest, after that grab the outer part of the feet with both hands and rock like a happy baby.
- Kneeling pose – This pose can be named as penguin, bird, fox, seahorse, and squirrel-like pose to kids to make it more interesting. For performing this yoga pose kids should stand on their knees, after that they should open their chest, look up and reach up to the moon like a bird.
- Lotus pose – It can be hedgehog or porcupine pose for kids. For practicing this yoga pose first sit on heels, stretch fingers out in front of yourself and place heels of palms together in mudra to represent the spines of a hedgehog.
- Shark pose – It is like swimming or a shark. For doing this yoga pose first lay flat on your tummy, lift up your shoulders, and then clap your arms behind your back.
- Squat pose – It looks like a monkey, frog, duck, and ape. For practicing this yoga, first come down to a squat, and waddle like a duck.
- Tree pose – This pose can be introduced as cactus, tree, flamingo, and strok to make it more interesting to the children. For doing this yoga first stand on one leg, bend the knees, place the sole of the foot on the inner thigh, then balance like a tree.
Yoga is like a great gift to mankind which helps in many ways like it makes people mentally, physically, socially, and emotionally strong of any age group. It helps to develop a patience level in humans and make people stress free and helps to have a healthy lifestyle. So everyone should practice yoga daily at least for 30 minutes. It is really a secret to live a healthy disciplined life without the use of medicine.